Curs Yoga Prin Corespondeta
Listen to the Tantria FM podcast on your iPod or computer.
Introduction to Asanas,
Introduction to Yoga,
Yama and niyama,
Introduction to Tantra,
Dasha Maha Vidya,
Tantric Love Making,
The 64 arts,
The subtle body,
Introduction to Yantra,
Dasha Maha Vidyas,
The Fifteen Nityas,
Ganesha, External Link,
The Great Cosmic Power Kali,
Intruduction to Dasha Maha Vidyas
About our guru, Grieg,
The Art of Blessing,
The Yogic Yang Spiral,
The Master-Disciple Relationship
The articles on this website are copyright MISA wherever not stated otherwise. Translation and republication are with permission. We are not an official representat of MISA or any of its branches.
No part of this Site may be reproduced in any form, without explicit written permission.
S U K H A S A N A
The word SUKHA could be translated as "joy, relish, happiness, and comfort".
Sukhasana is one of the most comfortable and easy ASANAS that can be done on the ground.
It is recommended to the beginners, to the ones who cannot approach the diamond position (Vajrasana) for long time or the ones who cannot execute the lotus position (Padmasana) yet. It is recommended for the breathing control exercises (Pranayama) or for meditation (Dyana).
Sukhasana is very easy to execute. It can be approached by anyone. Sukhasana can be led to perfection a lot easier than any other asana. In the Yogi tradition it is said that, "An ASANA is perfectly executed when the practitioner can maintain it continuously, for three hours and forty eight minutes, in an adequate inner focusing. Any ASANA brought to this kind of perfection becomes a triple spring of benefits, physically, mentally and spiritually."
EXECUTION AND SUBTLE ENERGY EFFECTS:
In order to practice hatha yoga you need to have experienced supervision; also, being part of a yoga practice group helps. Some asanas have medical counter indications - we urge you not to consider this site a guide to the practice of hatha yoga. We chose not to publish this information on the sivasakti.net website; you can find it in the yoga classes organized by our school.
EFFECTS AND BENEFITS
- Harmonious, controlled stimulation of the erotic processes and creative imagination.
- The execution of this asana stabilizes the body. The execution of Jnana Mudra calms down the mind.
- Orienting the palm face up has got a considerable sedative effect. It is used in much psychiatric institution to calm down the ones who are agitated.
- Orienting the biceps forward loosens up your shoulders and the superior part of your belly. Thus position makes it easy for you to breathe.
- Due to the correct position of the pelvis the backbone has an ideal position.
- Plus this position amplifies the state of serenity, tranquillity, eliminates the anxiety and gives you full security socially.
- It eliminates exhaustion and tiredness after a physically exhausting activity or after a monotonous mental activity.
- Together with Vajrasana and Shavasana it is one of the best ASANAS that can help us relaxing the muscles. It acts even upon the colon muscles.